Wild Bird Walk
August 06, 2022
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Add to My Calendar
Chirp Nature Center
578 Bonanza Trail
Big Bear Lake , CA 92315
Event ID: 195790
Starting from Chirp at 8AM on August 6th, 2022, join Chirp for a FREE & in-person educational wild bird walk through one of Big Bear Lake’s top birding hotspots. As you walk, admire the National Forest and historical landmarks surrounding the trail. Be on the lookout for hummingbirds in the meadow, hawks hiding in trees, and the occasional flycatcher in the brush. Led by Chirp Bird Guides, participants learn tips and tricks to enhance identification skills and better their birding. (Note that exact bird walk locations are determined immediately before the walk begins based on conditions and group size.) After the walk, return to Chirp for complimentary donuts, coffee, and a raffle for special gifts. Wild birdwatchers of all levels and ages are welcome, so be sure to register free to secure a spot for this event.
CLICK "BUY TICKET" TO REGISTER FOR FREE AND SECURE YOUR SPOT.
Due to the popularity of our events, we strongly encourage all guests to pre-register. Our events often reach capacity, so take advantage of free registration to secure your spot on our birding team. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for checking in. Guests that have RSVPed should meet at least 30 minutes early on July 2nd, 2022 at Chirp Nature Center (578 Bonanza Trail, Big Bear Lake) to check-in for an 8AM start. Forgot to register? Please arrive 30 minutes early to the event, and we will do our best to accommodate you if there are empty spots or no-shows. For further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (888)-412-4477.
Tips on How to Prepare
- Wear comfortable attire such as layered clothing, breathable pants/shorts, and walking shoes.
- Use a bird checklist. Chirp offers a free local Checklist for the Big Bear Valley. Also, consider creating an e-bird checklist.
- Take a camera or phone with a camera.
- Bring a pair of optics for a better view. Chirp offers binoculars and spotting scopes and is an authorized Nikon, Zeiss, and Vortex dealer.
- Carry your own water. Refillable water stations are not available during the hike. Weather in the San Bernardino Mountains can vary dramatically.
- Read more about preparing for Big Bear Lake’s variable weather.
- Wear Sunglasses or protective eyewear.
- Use sunblock as UV rays at altitude are stronger.
- Remember, Chirp also has basic gear for a bird walk in the woods should you need anything.
|This listing courtesy of
CA Watchable Wildlife
Get our Events on your Mobile phone wherever you are with a Free mobile app!
This event was posted to the following categories. Click on sub-categories to find related events.
Primary Category is Nature
Sub-categories are: Hike/Walk,
Wildlife Special Event,
|This event has been viewed 11 times.